Northern British Columbia's Largest General Contractor
Halfway River IDL Limited Partnership (HR IDL) is a First Nation majority owned construction partnership between Halfway River First Nation and IDL Projects Inc. (IDL). IDL is northern British Columbia’s largest general contractor and is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services. Our head office and shop are located in Prince George, BC and to ensure responsiveness we have satellite offices in Fort St. John, BC and throughout Western Canada.
Multi-Disciplined General Contractor
- Site Preparation, Civil and Infrastructure
- Commercial, Public, Institutional, Residential & Design/Build
- Industrial, Mining and Energy
- Safety Services, Specialty Projects and Equip. Rentals
Resources, Experience and Tools to Complete Any Project
- Clearing, Stripping, Earth Works, Road Works and Highways
- New Buildings, Expansions, Renovations, Demolitions, Carpentry and Finish Works
- Concrete Works, Piping, Equipment Installations and Underground Utilities
- Turnaround Planning, Conﬁned Space Monitoring and Water/Waste Water Treatment
Demanding Challenges, Innovative Solutions
We are motivated by our vision of satisfied clients, well-cared-for team members, healthy communities and a first rate corporate reputation.
Local to the North Construction Professionals with a Network of Key Relationships
HR IDL lives and works in northern British Columbia. The extensive experience of the construction management team, our fully staﬀed oﬃces, the safe construction skills of our 250 core and 1,000 peak workers and an extended team of partner companies make it possible for HR IDL to conﬁdently address the needs of our clients.
Modern Equipment Fleet, Maintenance Facilities and Strong Relationships with Suppliers
HR IDL has an ever expanding ﬂeet of over 300 pieces of modern heavy equipment, state of the art shop facilities and cooperative relationships with suppliers. Our equipment resource base provides depth and stability to our services, while allowing us to move quickly to meet changing demands.
World Class Safety Program and Industry Leading Safety Statistics
At HR IDL safety is a culture we follow during work and take home after work. It is a part of who we are. Our program is based on our belief that all incidents are preventable. HR IDL is very proud of the fact we are among the leaders of the safest companies in this country and in this industry.
AltaGas Townsend Project:
- Completed $15,000,000 of site work including rough grading, removal of clearing mulch and top soil, plant site excavation and road construction, construction of site storm water pond, site ditching and culverts, 10km of resources road building and an upgrade to the Ministry of Transportation intersection.
BC Hydro Site C Joint Use Warehouse and Laydown:
- Civil and building construction of mixed use storage and minor assembly warehouse for the new Site C Dam. Warehouse is 40,900 square feet of pre-engineered metal building on a 330,000 square foot site.
ARC Resources Parkland Substation and New 138 kV Substation:
- One (1) brownﬁeld and one (1) greenﬁeld project that included excavation, backﬁll, concrete foundations, containment liners, grounding grid, underground conduit, perimeter fencing and surfacing insulating rock.